How will you change the world?
Engineering is Elementary (video 2:06)
Making Imagination Real – Engineers excel at Making Imagination Real, bridging the gap between what the mind can imagine and what the laws of nature allow. While scientists seek to discover what is not yet known, engineers apply fundamental science to design and develop new devices and engineered systems to solve societal problems.
Engineering – creating solutions with ideas, processes, tools, exploring the “designed world”, applied science
This is engineering …
- Statue of Liberty, Surface tension, Adjustable wrench, Moveable type, Golden Gate Bridge, Inclined Plane, Waterslides, Lever
and so is this …
- Solar energy, Aeronautics, Urban rooftop agriculture, Wind power, Photography, International Space Station, Vacuum flask
Yours to discover – Click on a topic > or ^ Search for an object
An engineer is a clever, practical, problem solver.
- Engineer – A person who uses scientific knowledge and principles to develop solutions to technical problems. The words engine, engineer and ingenious come from Latin, meaning “skilled”.
- Engineering and LEGO robots (video 6:07)
- NASA (video 6:20) – Mars rover, Engineering Design Process
Starting with Engineering as the center of the universe, all the other subjects are supporting players. Scientists get busy and discover things that engineers use to provide a solution to a social need.
Engineering 4 Kids wiki – a kid-friendly exploration of everything engineering as a collection of stories about people, places and things, design challenges, projects, games – all yours to discover.
Scientists study the world as it is. Engineers modify the world to adapt to our needs. ..
- About engineering4kids – the human-made world around us, creating things for the benefit of humanity and our planet.
- Working in Engineering – Engineering is the application of science to the needs of humanity. This is accomplished through the application of knowledge, mathematics, and practical experience to the design of useful objects or processes. Professional practitioners of engineering are called engineers. Meet the engineers and see what they do.