Outline for a new course for 2017-2018. Ideas and information for planning robotics course for next school year. Good introduction and overview of everything robotics – history, components, examples, careers, as well as hands-on opportunities to build and test robots using LEGO NXT and Robot C.
Theory, examples, simulations, hands-on build and test
- Introduction – definition, use, application, advantages, disadvantages * Robo Intro
- History * Science Fiction * Research and Development – imagination, evolution, refinement, technology
- Physical robot – the mechanics, electronics and computer
- Mechanics * simple machines – wheels, gears
- Electronics * circuits * motors * Circuits and Computers
- Programming * Hardware, Software, Firmware * Wired for Data * Variables and Logic
- Feedback * Control * Sensors * Sights, Sounds and Gears
- Exploration * challenges – design, build * Straight Ahead * Taking Turns * See,Touch, Repeat * Decisions, Decisions….. * Get a Grip
- Careers * Nanotechnology * Biomedical * Manufacturing * Computer Science
- motor control, gear ratios, torque, friction, sensors, timing, program loops, logic gates, decision-making, timing sequences, propulsion systems, binary number systems. http://stemrobotics.cs.pdx.edu/node/291
- Cybernetics * Systems * Robot-Human interaction * Mechatronics
- artificial intelligence * can the robot learn?
- CK12.org robotics http://www.ck12.org/search/?q=robotics