Entrepreneurship – the act of building a business by an individual through innovation or the taking of an initiative beyond the scope of described job duties. In the business world and in the field of engineering, this requires a combination of skill, intelligence, and ambition. With start-ups becoming commonplace in today’s market, an individual’s ability to think entrepreneurially can play even more of a role in determining success than technical ability.
- Episode 24: Drew Curtis of Fark.com (audio) – Drew Curtis is the founder and administrator of Fark.com, a news and entertainment aggregate website, and the author of It’s Not News, It’s FARK: How Mass Media Tries to Pass off Crap as News. Drew spoke to VAMPY students on July 1, 7/1/13
- product / service
- sales, marketing, business development
- customer care
- process, strategy, improvement, feedback, prioritization
- 2 heads – innovation / operations –
- innovation – the process of incrementally or radically modifying an existing product, system, or process to improve it.