K-8 Engineering is presented as a series of conversations about key concepts and areas of interest.
Topics of conversation
- Intro to engineering * engineering design process * scientific method
- Measurements and units * testing
- Spatial thinking * 3d modeling * CAD
- Engineering fundamentals * problem solving * question formulation technique
- Applied math * data analysis, computer aided design, machine learning
- Systems * life * earth * physical
- Simulation, models and virtual reality * failure analysis
- Meet the engineers
- Engineering challenges * understand apply create PSA
- Share what you know * portfolio * PSA 30-90 seconds
- Lifelong learning * learning web literacy * reading writing arithmetic * collaboration presentation
We will explore how engineering plays a big part in our “built environment” as well as how scientists do their work with the help of engineers.