- Robots with legs that can be used here on Earth after disasters, or on Mars or other planets, are often modelled on insects’, Weihmann explains. ‘Adapting the coordination patterns of robots
- 100% Free, Personalized Learning for Every Student Create digital classrooms, customize textbooks, and learn K-12 STEM concepts.
- Transforming motion. Using common material or a construction set, make a simple model that will demonstrate motion. Explain how the model uses basic mechanical concepts like levers and inclined planes
- BSA Engineering Merit Badge requirements
- human-centered creative process to solve problem scenarios called design challenges. After using the process on these challenges, people will have another tool, the design thinking process
- Ten year old Elaina Garg and her younger sister Kaylie wrote The Organic Coloring Book with the help of their father Neil, a professor at UCLA. Designed to help kids learn about common chemicals
- six rotations: woodworking, cardboard, green screen, podcasting, Makey Makey and Squishy Circuits. Students stay in each rotation for four weeks and their projects are expected to be extensive.
- Physical motion — pushing a button, laundry soap flowing out of a bottle, turning a knob, removing a hammer from a weighted tool bench — triggers gears and springs elsewhere in the 3-D printed objects