It is more fun if engineering projects can be made from low cost or free materials that are easy to collect or buy.
- Simple paper bridge – learn how to build a paper bridge whose structure you can change to see how different designs affect the load-bearing capacity.
- Craft stick bridges – many different designs, varying complexity
- Toothpick and marshmallow towers
- Spaghetti and marshmallow towers
- Moon habitat
- Paper table – Make a small table to hold snacks, No hammer or saw required
- Balloon-powered bottle car
Other stuff you have around
- Dye detective – markers, water, solvent – rubbing alcohol, cups, coffer filters