Watch a ‘rocket’ take off from the launch pad of your backyard! Do this outside.
To make a miniature rocket you need:
- a small, thin container with a snap-on lid
- some vinegar
- cotton balls
- a teaspoon of baking soda
- Fill the small container halfway with the vinegar.
- Wedge the cotton balls into the making sure it doesn’t actually touch the vinegar.
- Put the baking soda on top of the dry cotton ball.
- Put the lid on the container.
- Turn the container upside down, put it on the ground and get away!
- Watch the container blast into the air like a small rocket.
Experiment with different containers, lids, and amounts of vinegar and baking soda.
- Fun Science Activities for Kids – used with permission