Peek around corners without being seen. A periscope allows you to look almost anywhere while hiding behind walls, furniture, doors – wherever.
To make a periscope you need:
- a one liter milk carton
- two small rectangular purse-sized mirrors
- masking tape
- Cut the pointed end off the carton.
- Cut a 7 cm square from one side at the open end of the carton, near the top.
- Tape your cut out square to where the spout was to make a flat top.
- Tape a mirror inside the hole at a 45 degree angle, the reflective side facing the bottom of the carton.
- Cut a 7 cm square from the opposite side of the carton at the bottom
- Tape the other mirror, reflective side facing the first mirror, inside this hole at a 45 degree angle.
Look through the bottom hole and start spying!
- Fun Science Activities for Kids – used with permission