Waste is unwanted materials and objects that people have thrown away. It is often also called trash, garbage, rubbish, or junk.
- It can be solid, liquid, or gas, or it can be waste heat.
- Garbage is the waste we produce daily in our homes, including old or unwanted food, chemical substances, paper, broken furniture, used containers, and other things.
- When waste is a liquid or gas, it can be called an emission. This is usually pollution (hurts plants and animals).
Biosolids, waste treatment, feces, manure, poo
emission – waste that is a liquid or gas
pollution – hurts plants and animals
Current estimates – biosolids produced worldwide per year
- 400 million tons. People
- 14 billion tons. Livestock. Mostly cows. Pigs. Chickens.
- Nitrogen. Fertilizer. Phosphorous. Energy. Natural systems.
- Pathogens. Bacteria. Parasites. Livestock.
- energy recovery
Roman flush toilets.
Origin of feces. – Quirks and quarks podcast.
Urban waste – humanure
- livestock – cows, pigs, chickens
- Fish poo
- emission – waste that is a liquid or gas
- pollution – hurts plants and animals