Engineering thinking – making ‘things’ that work and making ‘things’ work better
- thing – an object that is not alive
- object – anything that has shape or form and can be seen or touched
- work – the use of energy and effort to make or do something, to run or act in the expected way
- structure – a thing that is made up of different parts that are connected in a particular way, the way in which the parts of something connect with each other
- tension – cat, funicular, suspension, cable-stay
Here are some challenges for you to work on…
- Popsicle stick bomb – The sticks are under tension, which is what makes them pop apart when you throw them.