To recycle paper you need:
- used paper
- hot water
- a large bowl
- an egg beater or fork
- 2 teaspoons starch
- a small piece of window screen
- a rolling pin
- extra newspapers
- Tear or cut the used paper into small pieces and place in the bowl.
- Fill the bowl with hot water and add 2 teaspoons of starch.
- Let the paper soak for an hour.
- Beat the paper until soft and mushy to make ‘pulp’.
- Dip the screen into the bowl and slide it under the pulp.
- Lift the screen up with the pulp on it and let the excess water drip off the screen.
- Carefully turn the screen upside down onto the newspaper.
- Slowly lift the screen from the pulp.
- Let the pulp dry until it stiffens but is still damp. Then roll the pulp with a rolling pin to flatten it. With a knife, carefully lift the slightly damp recycled paper from the newspaper.