LEGO fun facts
- The Number of Ways You Can Put Together 6 LEGO Bricks Will Astound You – 915+ million!
- LEGO minifigs on the Juno spacecraft launched in 2011 that reached Jupiter in July 2016. The three LEGO figurines flying aboard the Juno spacecraft are the Roman god Jupiter, his wife Juno and Galileo Galilei.
- 3D thinking spatial visualization – 6 blocks – +900 million combinations – construct, draw on iso grid paper
- marble maze
- Rube Goldberg – enter / exit – Hilbert’s Curve – mid point on faces that meet in corner
- journal – LEGO facts, drawings, diagrams – isographdots
theme constructions – select, design, build ? teams / pairs
- civil – buildings & bridges – ancient architecture, landmarks – Golden Gate Bridge, Eiffle Tower, Statue of Liberty, St Louis Gateway Arch, Pont du Gard, Pantheon, Mount Rushmore, Empire State Building, tallest building in the world, The London Eye ferris wheel, Disney Epcot Center geodesic dome
- mechanical – machines – crane, amusement park – roller coaster
- for competition – cars similar to pinewood derby – sloped track, rubber band power, wind power
- Block Party pinterest – ideas, activities