- NASA’s BEST — Engineering Is Everywhere (1:01) – engineering affects many parts of our daily lives. Learn about NASA’s Beginning Engineering, Science and Technology activities at http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/best
An engineer is a clever, practical, problem solver.
- Engineer – A person who uses scientific knowledge and principles to develop solutions to technical problems. The words engine, engineer and ingenious come from Latin, meaning “skilled”.
- What is Engineering? (video 6:20) – From fundamental research to everyday tech, engineers create incredible new solutions and discoveries to improve society and spur the imagination.
- NASA video Intro to Engineering (video ) describes the engineering design process, building space suit and repairing space station as examples.
- The Difference Between Science and Engineering (video 5:31) – both inquiry problem solving. goals: science – produce more knowledge, natural world vs. engineering – design solutions to problems, design challenge, human made technologies