- History of gummbals – around 215 BC. the first vending machines were located in Egyptian temples and dispensed holy water in exchange for coins. Vending machines made their United States debut in 1888 when the Thomas Adams Gum Company installed machines on subway platforms in New York City to vend Tutti-Frutti gum.
- Gumball Machine – How It’s Made (video 5:04)
- gravity, kinetic energy, potential energy, motion, force, transfer of energy
Here are some challenges for you to work on…
- design and build a gumball slide. challenge, materials – keep the gumball on the track, have one interactive element, have a minimum of 1 loop, be self-supporting (stand on its own),
- Gumball – lesson plan, history of gumball machines,