Build your dream (video 1:15) – See How Engineers Can Make A World of Difference – The National Academy of Engineering
- Joy of Living
Grand Challenge Scholars program – to prepare tomorrow’s engineering leaders to solve the grand challenges facing society during the next century. Through completion of the five components of the program, students will have the opportunity to engage in research relating to their selected grand challenge, explore interdisciplinary coursework, gain an international perspective, engage in entrepreneurship, and give back to the community through service learning.
- Make solar energy economical – increase efficiency, reduce heat release, reduce fabrication costs
- Provide energy from fusion
- Develop carbon sequestration methods
- Manage the nitrogen cycle
- Provide access to clean water – The world’s water supplies are facing new threats; affordable, advanced technologies could make a difference for millions of people around the world.
- Restore and improve urban infrastructure
- Advance health informatics
- Engineer better medicines
- Reverse-engineer the brain
- Prevent nuclear terror
- Secure cyberspace
- Enhance virtual reality
Engineering schools offering Grand Challenge Scholars programs