Tractor – a farm vehicle that provides the power and traction to a great variety of mechanize agricultural tasks. Implements can be towed behind or mounted on the tractor.
In many ways, tractors are pretty much the same as they were in the 1940s. Farmers use tractors for all the basic jobs that need to be done on a farm. But tractor manufactures have make big changes and improvements.
- manufacturing – reduce cost, improve process, incorporate new technology and materials
- fuel efficiency
- improved land utilization and yield
- operator comfort
What’s the problem?
- Ask – What modifications can be made to improve maintainability of the early tractors?
- Imagine – How are new materials and processing being incorporated?
- Plan, Create
- Improve – What features are available to make farming work easier and more productive?
Here are some challenges for you to work on…
- find some examples of tractor options that are specific to the type of farming being done. For example, what special equipment is available for peanut farming?