Energy in Chemical Processes & Everyday Life (video 6:39) – Energy is neither created or destroyed but is converted. Most of the energy is delivered to our planet from the sun and is harvested through the process of photosynthesis.
Energy harvesting – find sources of energy that are being wasted, or at least not used and gather and use the energy.
- microwave energy – gathered energy was enough to run low-power gadgets like thermometers, timers, and scales.
- recharge batteries from the energy seeping from power lines, refrigerators, and coffee machines.
What do you think?
- What are some of the ways that energy is wasted? How big a problem is energy waste? Why does this matter?
- What can be done to reduce energy waste? How do you get people to understand that they are wasting energy?
- Who needs to help reduce energy waste? Do they know what they need to do? Do they know why they need to help reduce energy waste?
- energy, conversion, conservation, chemical process