Skip to content
- dolls representing infants, animals, and soldiers, as well as representations of tools used by adults are readily found at archaeological sites.
- The earliest and most primitive dolls were simple wooden carvings and bundles of grass.
- Egyptian dolls were sometimes jointed so that their limbs could move realistically.
- By the early 20th century there were dolls that could say “mama”.
- Today there are computerized dolls that can recognize and identify objects, the voice of their owner, and choose among hundreds of pre-programmed phrases to respond.