- cleansing – soap
- smell – deodorant, perfume
- make-up – lipstick, mascara
- hair products – shampoo, conditioner, color, curl, straighten
Cosmetics (including makeup or make-up) are care substances used to enhance the appearance or odor of the human body. They are generally mixtures of chemical compounds from natural or synthetic sources.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates cosmetics intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance without affecting the body’s structure.
- reaction – an action in response to some influence, event etc.; a chemical transformation or change
Challenges for you to work on…
- goREACT (reference, app, free) – become a virtual chemist. Initiate nearly 300 virtual chemical reactions by dragging elements into the Reaction Area. Featured Reactions menus guide you through themed sets of chemical reactions related to particular applications,such as the environment, beauty products or cars.