- after school distance-learning program called Peer Learners Connect that’s aimed at engaging older students to learn and teach STEM topics through media creation and broadcasting.
- “1001 Inventions is an award-winning international science and cultural heritage organisation that raises awareness of the creative golden age of Muslim civilisation that stretched from Spain
- a third of all children have lost their interest in science by the time they reach the fourth grade. It’s even worse by eighth grade, when research shows a staggering 50 percent of students
- ” the spinner spiral’s primary purpose is to warn the ground crew that their engine is still rotating so that the person de-icing or performing any maintenance on the airplane
- “STEM challenges from the James Dyson Foundation. This week we took on 6 of these challenges: Building a Cardboard Chair, a Spaghetti Bridge, a Cardboard Boat, a Marble Run, a Balloon Car
- “It’s important not to delay real engineering projects until they master the fundamentals. Work on building this foundation alongside engaging projects to keep them excited.”
- A dance costume designer describes how she uses circumference and area calculations to make clothing for the stage.
- Students learn about the process of reverse engineering and how this technique is used to improve upon technology. Students analyze push-toys and draw diagrams of the predicted mechanisms inside
- “Fashion sense” takes on a whole new meaning in North Carolina State University’s Wearable Device Challenge for middle and high school students.