These activities provide a starting point. There are 1,000s of hands-on engineering activities and projects on the internet. Many include step-by-step instructions and video tutorials as well as detailed diagrams and photos of the final products.
Most of the activities assume that a grown-up – parent, teacher, youth group leader will assemble the materials, deliver the instructions and provide guidance. A few encourage experimentation and individual work. We are always on the look-out for activities that kids can do themselves, but there are surprisingly few projects that are presented as kid-directed activities.
- Engineering and Science Activities | Girls RISEnet
- directory of ready-to-use activities and curricula for informal science educators to engage students with engineering and science.
- NWED Activities for Schools | Women’s Engineering Society
- NWED Activities for SchoolsNWED Activities for Schools The links below have resources that teachers can download and use free of cha…
- Spatial thinking concerns the locations of objects, their shapes, their relations to each other, and the paths they take as they mo…
- Pentomino Puzzles; Spatial Sense, Geometrical Visualization, and Reasoning Skills – Mr. L’s Math
- pentominoes, using 5 squares, are the polyomino that has gotten the most popularity due to their versatility in generating puzzles….
- Engineering Kids: By Engineers for Young Engineers
- Engineering Kids’ website Our goal is to instill in children an early understanding of and enthusiasm for the different fields o…
- 9 Maker Projects for Beginner Maker Ed Teachers | Teach.com
- Making allows learners to practice their social communication skills in a variety of groupings, whether affinity-based, role-speci…
- Designing and Building File-Folder Bridges Bridge Design – nocRead.Com
- Designing and Building File-Folder Bridges Bridge Design”
- Bridges, L1, Activity 2: Straw Bridges Teach Engineering – nocRead.Com
- Straw Bridges Teach Engineering
- The Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids: 239 Cool Sites
- excellent K-12 links below and arranged dozens more by age and interest. From games and apps to summer camps, contests and career a…