Learning about learning
Learning to learn is just as important as taking courses in specific subjects like English and Social Studies. Learning Literacies are the skills and practices you need to be a successful student. Practice these skills while working through the activities and participating in discussions.
- digital literacy – research, communication, presentation, discussion
- learning literacies – self-directed learning, inquiry-based learning, collaboration
- reinforcing basic skills – reading, writing, math.
Getting started – here are some activities. Follow the links to each of these activities. Explore the sites. Answer the questions.
- Interesting People with My Name – Find people with the same name as you. What interesting jobs do they have? Is there any one famous with the same name as you?
- 43 Things – What are some interesting goals on these lists? What are some goals that you would put on your list?
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens – What is the best piece of advice? Why?
- 20 Basic Rules for Digital Citizenship – Which rules do you need to work on?
After you have completed the activities above, here are some other activities to work on.
- Test drive – Quizlet – flash cards, study tools – find 2 quizzes related to your classes
More activities to explore
- Can you solve this? – video – can you figure out the “rule”?
- Hour of Code – introduction to programming
- About me – 6 word story, learning styles
When you are ready, explore the Literacies category lists and activities. There are many more waiting to be discovered.