Each of these activities is a “model” of an engineering project. Think about the engineering that goes into the project.
- How could you make it better?
- How would the engineering in this project be used in life-size projects?
Engineering activities to try
- Paper Airplane – Classic Dart (video)
- Foam Plate Gliders (.doc) – video, pattern resources
- Craft Stick and Spoon Catapult
- Penny Bridge
- AlkaSeltzer Rocket
- Engineering is Everywhere (video 1:01) – NASA
- Balloon Rocket Car
- Hour of Code, interests, exploration
- engineering, design process, NASA engineers, bridges – video, penny bridge
- Marshmallow towers – engineering, engineering design process, marshmallow towers
- Spatial thinking – quiz, puzzles, Origami
- mLearning – curiosity amplifiers” – byo, mobile – apps inventories, preferences, actual usage, pictures of county fair projects in progress, wish list
- e4k stories – review, suggest, edit, 2-3 minute videos
- learning literacies – activities, blog, learning, technology
- LEGO challenges
- Industrial engineering – video