The core skill of innovators is error recovery, not failure avoidance. –Randy Nelson, Pixar University.
- Engineering – creating solutions with ideas, processes, tools, exploring the “designed world” ; applied science
- Engineer – A person who uses scientific knowledge and principles to develop solutions to technical problems
Engineering4Kids wiki – a kid-friendly exploration of everything engineering – stories about people, places and things, design challenges, projects, games – all yours to discover
- Introduction to Engineering
- What were they thinking? – the engineering stories behind existing machines and man-made structures
- People – biographies, careers, associations and organizations
- Concepts and Vocabulary
- Learn more… – reference, directories, resources
- About engineering4kids
exploring the distinctions between science and engineering; between the natural world and the designed world; and between the scientific method and the engineering design process.
There are 100s of stories in the engingeering4kids wiki. Use the search box to find links to topics. Some sample pages…