When water and cornstarch are mixed together, the consistency of the mixture is very mysterious. It appears very wet until you put it in your hand, and then it sticks together almost as if it were dry. Try it!
To maker this wet / dry mixture you need:
- two heaping tablespoons of coarstarch
- a little water
- a spoon
- a mug
- Put two heaping tablespoons of cornstarch into a mug.
- Add a very little bit of water and stir until it makes a paste. If it’s too thick, add more water. If it’s too thin add some more cornstarch
- Pour it into your hand over the sink. Open and shut your hand – is it wet? Or dry?
- Fun Science Activities for Kids – used with permission