You can keep water inside a glass by covering the top of the glass with a piece of cardboard full of holes!
To trap water with holes you need:
- a glass
- thin cardboard
- thumbtack or small sharp nail
- Poke lots of holes into the bardboard with a thumbtack or nail.
- Fill the glass with water untill it is over-flowing.
- Press the cardboard over the top of the glass until water squishes through the holes.
- While still pressing the cardboard over the top of the glass, turn the glass upside down.
- Take away your hand. The carboard sticks to the mouth of the glass and the water doesn’t drip through the holes.
- Fun Science Activities for Kids – used with permission