Energy can come from the most unusaual things. Who ever thought a mothball could be a source of energy? Use a mothball to move a boat in your bathtup.
To make a mothball boat you need:
- a mothball
- a styrofoam meat tray
- a piece of string
- Cut a boat shape from a styrofoam meat tray.
- Cut a small pie-shaped notch in the stern of the boat.
- Poke a hole on each side of the triangle you’ve cut.
- Wedge the mothball into the notch
- Thread the string through each hole, tie it, and position the string to help hold the mothball in the wedge.
- Lower the boat carefully into the tub or sink and watch it move. The boat will move only if the tub is very clean.
- Fun Science Activities for Kids – used with permission