It’s fun to try and catch a foil ball in a paper cup when it is attached to the cup with scring. You can have a competition with yourself to see how many tries it takes to catch the ball. This toy is easy to make and will occupy you and your friends for hours.
To make a ball catcher you need:
- a paper cup
- a fairly long piece of string
- a nail
- aluminum foil
- Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup with the nail.
- Tie a large knot at the end of the string.
- Thread the string up through the hole so the knot is on the outside of the cup.
- Glue the knot to the cup.
- While the glue is drying, crush the foil into a ball.
- Tie the string securely around the foil ball.
- Try and get the ball into the cup!
- Fun Science Activities for Kids – used with permission